Children's Theatre Plays
Script Sample, Cast List, CD Sound Cues
Ben Corbett, Let's Pretend Players, Oklahoma City University
Children get right into the action as Arthur becomes a fish,
Written especially for touring to schools, everything for a great looking production fits in your touring van. This is one of the top playscripts on these pages and offers great staging ideas and nice dramatic scenes your actors will love performing!
"The Sword in the Stone was beautifully drafted." Churchill Theatre, Churchill, MD
Producers, Sword in the Stone is lots of fun and has great comic moments but packs a dramatic wallop! Fast-paced and lively, the production is enhanced by an excellent musical CD soundtrack and instructions for easy set and costumes.
"The students enjoyed it very much. They couldn't stop talking about it." Alice Thomas, Teacher, Rouse Elementary, Brandon MS
Audience helps Arthur pull the Sword from the Stone!
Take a Bow Productions
"You dazzle both adults and children away to your world of magicians, knights and dragons. Thank you very much for the chance to be swept back to King Arthur's time of courage, bravery and honesty."
Wilson School, Cincinnati, OH
Sword in the Stone has a companion play! Knights of the Round Table may be performed together to make a two hour production.
ARTHUR (M, 311 lines)
MERLIN (M/F, 140 lines)
KAI (M/F, 69 lines)
GUENEVER (F, 21 lines)
SQUIRE 1 (M/F, 25 lines)
SQUIRE 2 (M/F, 7 lines + action)
(SQUIRES also facilitate scene changes and make sound effects with percussion instruments.)
1. OPENING, DRUMS, EERIE, THUNDER (2:59) [sample]
2. SWORD SOUND, (SILENCE), MUSIC (1:19)
3. SOARING, MUSIC (LONG) (4:40) [sample]
4. WATER, SWIMMING (LONG) (3:37) [sample]
5. SUSPENSEFUL DRUMMING (2:17)
6. DULCIMER, SCENE CHANGE (0:58)
7. FLUTE, DRUM (1:28) [sample]
8. DRUM, BATTLE SOUNDS (1:20) [sample]
9. WEIRD VIOLIN SAWING (1:17)
10. MAGICAL, DREAMY (1:12) [sample]
11. SWORD SOUND (0:18)
12. PROCESSION, CURTAIN CALL (3:37) [sample]